As we begin our summer schedule it gives an opportunity for those going into 6th grade to begin attending youth group as well. We would love to encourage any of our new students to start attending.
I’ve included in this mailing a copy of the 2016-17 release form. We ask for everyone who is going to be a part of our upcoming school year to complete this form. It is also required for those doing any of our off campus events this summer.
Most of our ongoing youth group communications happen via email, social media and via a text messaging service called MOZEO. If you are not a part of any of those and you would like to be, please email me at email@example.com and I’ll add you to those lists.
Before I name details about our summer schedule I have a few opportunities for parents to help chaperone this summer. If you are interested in any of these, please let me know
The following are dates and ways that I am seeking help over the summer
- June 15th 6-9 pm – 2 drivers are needed from 6-9 for the food shelf scavenger hunt
- June 16th 1:30-3:30 – I am looking for 1-2 adults to help staff and supervise our students at the food shelf
- July 13th 10:00 am – 4 pm I am looking for 1-2 adults to help drive and chaperone as we go to Feed My Starving Children in Chanhassen
- July 13th 6-9 pm– 3 drivers are needed for the 3rd Annual Cook-off Challenge. I am also looking for 2 host homes who would open up their kitchens to letting small groups of students cook a small meal.
- July 27th 6-9 pm – 2 drivers are needed to help shuttle students around for our progressive dinner. I am also in need of 2 more host homes to serve a part of the meal
- August 5-6 – We are looking for 2-3 adults to drive and chaperone at Splash N Dash
This summer we meet for youth group on the following dates from 6:30 until 8:30 PM for all Jr. and Sr. High Students. During the summer we aim to teach on HABITS that can help us grow in our walk with Christ. I hope to teach on the value of worship, service, being in community, studying God’s word on our own and a few other important habits for believers. Also this
· June 15th (Food Shelf Scavenger Hunt)
· June 29th (Campfire Worship)
· July 13th (Cook Off Grocery Store Challenge)
· July 27th (Progressive Dinner—6-9 pm)
· August 10th
This Summer Aaron Bigaouette will offer another Deep End Summer Bible Study. He will be teaching using material by Francis Chan called “Eternity.” They will meet at 7 pm at church on the following days: June 13 + June 20 + July 11 + July 18 Here are the off campus events that we have planned for this summer
- Serve at the Food Shelf - On 6/16 students are invited to sign up and work at the food shelf from 1:45 until 3:45
- The 5th Annual Mootz Cabin Trip – We will announce the date later this summer but you can read the details on the provided poster
- Feed My Starving Children – On July 13th we will be taking a trip to Chanhassen to volunteer with FMSC
- Moon Dogs - Once again we have tickets available to the entire church to attend a Moon Dogs game in Mankato on July 31st
- Splash N Dash - Splash N Dash is a great 36 hours together as we explore some of the best waterslides and roller coasters with 5 of our sister churches in the Dells
We look forward to a great summer and we hope that ultimately through all of these opportunities that students can grow in relationship to one another and more importantly to Christ